Dropsafe manufactures a variety of dropped and falling object prevention accessories to complement our core product range, such as:
- 4-Part Safety Shackles
- Securing Cables
All Dropsafe accessories have been designed for use in harsh offshore environments using the highest quality materials, whilst offering exceptional performance and durability.
We strongly recommend you use Dropsafe Nets as your primary method of secondary securing over sling-based securing methods. Dropsafe Nets fully enclose and tether the fixture and fixture components and are 3rd party rated to 5 times the product Safe Working Load providing an integral securing solution unlike slings.
Check the Dropsafe Product Guide for information on Dropsafe Nets for securing fixtures at height.
Adhere to the following when using Dropsafe accessories:
- Only use securing cables for fixtures where the manufacturer has built in attachment points specifically designed for secondary securing
- Due to dynamic load risk the fixture manufacturer’s secondary attachment points must withstand 5X SWL
- Do not exceed the SWLs of Dropsafe accessories
- Never reuse any accessories after shock loading, signs of wear or degradation
- For 4-part shackles ensure shackle pins are properly bent to prevent them from coming out